Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Paradox of Simplicity

 

Psalm 19:7

King James Version

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, 

converting the soul: 

the testimony of the Lord is sure, 

making wise the simple.


That's my favorite image of a coffee cup.

That's my approach in life -- simplicity.

And that's also how I approach studying the Bible.

In all simplicity.


My objective is to understand the Word of God, just as God said it, so I can share it with you, as is.

I cannot pretend to be a theologian, for I'm not.

Neither am I an intellectual.

I like things simple.

Real.

With heart.

With GOD in it.

Like an excited child, I await SPIRIT's instructions each moment.

For He reveals so many treasures each day.

I do not get ahead of God.

I wait.

I approach God like as an eager child would.

Hopping and skipping alongside Jesus, who looks amusedly at me, knowing every now and then, I will pepper Him with questions.

The rest of the time, I'm content merely holding His hand, my tiny hand in His.

And all of the time, I listen to what He wants to say, or what He wants done.

I don't act, until I've received WORD.

My ear permanently glued to His heart.

And His heart permanently in mine.

That's how I write all my blogs.

Always guided by the LORD's SPIRIT.

I pray, I wait, I listen.

Why do people think the Word of God is difficult?

Jesus is simple.

2 Corinthians 11:3 

King James Version

3 But I fear, 

lest by any means, 

as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, 

so your minds should be corrupted 

from the simplicity that is in Christ.


He made Himself simple for us.

He spoke through parables so we may understand.

Jesus is the Master Communicator and Lord of All.

He knows how to reach us.

But do we allow Him to?

It's time we did.


Related reading:

More paradoxes


CLUES to JESUS

  Hebrews 13:8 King James Version 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday,  and to day, and for ever . How much do you know JESUS ? How much to yo...