Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Jesus is the Son of God

 


John 3:16 
King James Version

16 For God so loved the world, 

that he gave his only begotten Son, 

that whosoever believeth in him 

should not perish, 

but have everlasting life.


There was never any doubt, that Jesus is the Son of God.

Scripture has the last word.

1. God says so.

Matthew 2:15 (KJV)

15 And was there until the death of Herod: 

that it might be fulfilled 

which was spoken of the Lord 

by the prophet, saying, 

Out of Egypt have I called my son.


Matthew 3:17 (KJV)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, 

This is my beloved Son, 

in whom I am well pleased.


Acts 13:33 (KJV)

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, 

in that he hath raised up Jesus again; 

as it is also written in the second psalm, 

Thou art my Son, 

this day have I begotten thee.


2. Jesus says so.

John 3:17 (KJV)

17 For God sent not his Son into the world 

to condemn the world

but that the world through him 

might be saved.


John 8:28-29 (KJV)

28 Then said Jesus unto them, 

When ye have lifted up the Son of man, 

then shall ye know that I am he

and that I do nothing of myself; 

but as my Father hath taught me

I speak these things.

29 And he that sent me is with me

the Father hath not left me alone; 

for I do always those things that please him.


John 8:42 (KJV)

42 Jesus said unto them, 

If God were your Father, 

ye would love me: 

for I proceeded forth 

and came from God

neither came I of myself, 

but he sent me.


John 8:54-55 (KJV)

54 Jesus answered, 

If I honour myself, 

my honour is nothing: 

it is my Father that honoureth me

of whom ye say, 

that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; 

but I know him

and if I should say, 

I know him not, 

I shall be a liar like unto you: 

but I know him, 

and keep his saying.


John 10:15 (KJV)

15 As the Father knoweth me, 

even so know I the Father

and I lay down my life for the sheep.


John 10:17-18 (KJV)

17 Therefore doth my Father love me

because I lay down my life, 

that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, 

but I lay it down of myself. 

I have power to lay it down, 

and I have power to take it again. 

This commandment have I received 

of my Father.


John 10:24-30 (KJV)

24 Then came the Jews round about him, 

and said unto him, 

How long dost thou make us to doubt? 

If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, 

I told you, 

and ye believed not: 

the works that I do in my Father's name, 

they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, 

because ye are not of my sheep, 

as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, 

and I know them, 

and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; 

and they shall never perish, 

neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, 

which gave them me, 

is greater than all; 

and no man is able to pluck them 

out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.


John 17:5 (KJV)

5 And now, 

O Father, 

glorify thou me with thine own self 

with the glory which I had with thee 

before the world was.


3. Angel Gabriel says so.

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her, 

Fear not, Mary: 

for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, 

thou shalt conceive in thy womb, 

and bring forth a son, 

and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, 

and shall be called the Son of the Highest

and the Lord God shall give unto him 

the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; 

and of his kingdom there shall be no end.


Luke 1:34-35 (KJV)

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, 

How shall this be, 

seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, 

The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, 

and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: 

therefore also that holy thing 

which shall be born of thee 

shall be called the Son of God.


4. Prophet Isaiah says so.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

6 For unto us a child is born, 

unto us a son is given

and the government shall be upon his shoulder: 

and his name shall be called Wonderful, 

Counsellor, 

The mighty God, 

The everlasting Father, 

The Prince of Peace.


5. The apostles say so.

John 1:14 (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, 

and dwelt among us, 

(and we beheld his glory, 

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) 

full of grace and truth.


John 1:18 (KJV)

18 No man hath seen God at any time, 

the only begotten Son, 

which is in the bosom of the Father, 

he hath declared him.


Colossians 1:12-19 (KJV)

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, 

which hath made us meet to be partakers 

of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us 

from the power of darkness, 

and hath translated us 

into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, 

even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, 

the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, 

that are in heaven, 

and that are in earth, 

visible and invisible, 

whether they be thrones, 

or dominions, 

or principalities, 

or powers: 

all things were created by him, 

and for him:

17 And he is before all things, 

and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, 

the church: who is the beginning, 

the firstborn from the dead; 

that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father 

that in him should all fulness dwell;


Matthew 14:32-33 (KJV)

32 And when they were come into the ship, 

the wind ceased.

33 Then they that were in the ship came 

and worshipped him, 

saying, 

Of a truth thou art the Son of God.


Matthew 16:15-17 (KJV)

15 He saith unto them, 

But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, 

Thou art the Christ, 

the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, 

Blessed art thou, 

Simon Barjona: 

for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, 

but my Father which is in heaven.


4. The devils say so.

Luke 4:40-41 (KJV)

40 Now when the sun was setting, 

all they that had any sick with divers diseases 

brought them unto him; 

and he laid his hands on every one of them, 

and healed them.

41 And devils also came out of many, 

crying out, 

and saying, 

Thou art Christ the Son of God

And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: 

for they knew that he was Christ.


Mark 3:11-12 (KJV)

11 And unclean spirits, 

when they saw him, 

fell down before him, 

and cried, saying, 

Thou art the Son of God.

12 And he straitly charged them 

that they should not make him known.


Mark 5:1-9 (KJV)

5 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, 

into the country of the Gadarenes.

2 And when he was come out of the ship, 

immediately there met him out of the tombs 

a man with an unclean spirit,

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; 

and no man could bind him, 

no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound 

with fetters and chains, 

and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, 

and the fetters broken in pieces: 

neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, 

he was in the mountains, 

and in the tombs, 

crying, 

and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, 

he ran and worshipped him,

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, 

What have I to do with thee, 

Jesus, 

thou Son of the most high God

I adjure thee by God, 

that thou torment me not.

8 For he said unto him, 

Come out of the man, 

thou unclean spirit.

9 And he asked him, 

What is thy name? 

And he answered, saying, 

My name is Legion: 

for we are many.


Updated 25 January 2022


CLUES to JESUS

  Hebrews 13:8 King James Version 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday,  and to day, and for ever . How much do you know JESUS ? How much to yo...