Sunday, February 7, 2021

The Only Way to Heal Nations

 

2 Chronicles 7:14 

King James Version

14 If my people, 

which are called by my name, 

shall humble themselves, 

and pray, 

and seek my face, 

and turn from their wicked ways; 

then will I hear from heaven, 

and will forgive their sin, 

and will heal their land.


Those were the days of King Solomon, son of King David, when He made offerings to God, to get back in the grace of the Lord.

This was what God wanted from Israel:

2 Chronicles 7:17-20 (KJV)

17 And as for thee, 

if thou wilt walk before me, 

as David thy father walked, 

and do according to all 

that I have commanded thee, 

and shalt observe my statutes 

and my judgments;

18 Then will I stablish t

he throne of thy kingdom, 

according as I have covenanted 

with David thy father

saying, 

There shall not fail thee a man 

to be ruler in Israel.

19 But if ye turn away, 

and forsake my statutes and my commandments, 

which I have set before you, 

and shall go and serve other gods, 

and worship them;

20 Then will I pluck them up 

by the roots out of my land 

which I have given them; 

and this house, 

which I have sanctified for my name, 

will I cast out of my sight, 

and will make it to be a proverb 

and a byword among all nations.


Has the world honored God today?

Is the world much different in its ways towards God since then?

I don't think so.

If anything, we are probably more wicked, and sinful.

Satan has newer methods, newer devices, literally, and figuratively.

And we keep up with the deceiver's devices, falling all over ourselves, lest we be behind "trends".

The game hasn't changed; the methods, and minions vary, that's all.

We continue to defy God's statutes with lifeless statues, more gods in every form, and industry, more high-tech devices and self-absorption that deceive us, and distance us from the Lord.

More seeming intellect that cloud thinking about God.

We remain in a fog.

To the great delight of the deceiver.

Our pride, greed, and vanity can never be satisfied, in exact reflection of the fallen one.

Moses reminded Israel, of what God commanded them at Mount Horeb:

Deuteronomy 5:6-10 (KJV)

6 I am the Lord thy God, 

which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, 

from the house of bondage.

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, 

or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, 

or that is in the earth beneath, 

or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, 

nor serve them: 

for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, 

visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children 

unto the third and fourth generation of them 

that hate me,

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them 

that love me and keep my commandments.


But you'd probably say, that was then.

God's laws were for Israel, for the Jews.

Doesn't apply now.

Doesn't apply to Gentiles.

Really?

Apostle Paul states:

Galatians 3:28 (KJV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, 

there is neither bond nor free, 

there is neither male nor female: 

for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.


Thus, the same rule applies to all.

For we are all "one in Christ Jesus".

The laws of God are precise.

The heart that truly seeks the Lord, will seek to obey His laws.

The heart that wishes to defy the Lord, serves Satan.

It's really only two things to choose from : Jesus, or Satan.

Who have you aligned with?

How is your nation?

How is the world right now?

Obviously, we made the wrong choice.

It's now time -- and it's extremely urgent -- we reconcile with the Lord.

Who is the Lord, but Jesus, the only way back to the Father.

John 14:6 (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, 

the truth, 

and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, 

but by me.


God's laws are really very simple.

Jesus, the Son of God, descended from heaven, to make it even simpler.

He spoke through parables, He taught in synagogues, and everywhere He saw fit.

He spoke in plain language, and His gospel is simple.

Of course, we are forever confused, and ambushed by Satan, the tempter, and deceiver:

2 Corinthians 11:3 (KJV)

3 But I fear, 

lest by any means, 

as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, 

so your minds should be corrupted 

from the simplicity that is in Christ.


Open your heart to Jesus now, and have Him heal the wounded recesses of your heart.

A healed heart will share his joy with the world.

And the world will get to know the Savior, whose Word can heal nations.

Our hope lies in Jesus, the Word of God.

Jeremiah 24:7 (KJV)

7 And I will give them an heart to know me, 

that I am the Lord: 

and they shall be my people, 

and I will be their God: 

for they shall return unto me 

with their whole heart.

CLUES to JESUS

  Hebrews 13:8 King James Version 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday,  and to day, and for ever . How much do you know JESUS ? How much to yo...